Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Ten Year Old Rules My Life

Some psychologists are proponents of the belief that whatever influences a child at the age of ten will influence that child for the rest of that child's life. Maybe that's why I am partial to Elton John, Jimmy Carter, disco fashion, and Corvette Stingrays. When I was ten years old, I stopped being a tom boy for just 30 minutes each day and became couch potatoe. I'd rush home from school, complete my homework, boss the neighbor's kids, for I was the only girl on the block, then settle down for a glass of milk and 30 minutes of Barnabas Collins. There's Ann Rice's Works, True Blood, Twilight on print and on film. Now, there is Vampire Diaries and New Moon is coming soon to a theatre near you. One just cannot help being bitten by the present "vampire craze". No matter what may come, Dark Shadows is still the best! I have over 50 episodes on VHS. Here is a clip from the 1970 movie.

No comments: